HOW TO LIVE LONG?


On Sunday I spoke on the fear of G-d in several areas especially its benefits.

Everything in life comes with its Consequences, either negative or positive.
When I have reverence for the most high, I have three benefits.

The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

-Proverbs 10:27

When I was a boy I used to hear something like this,' this situation will put the fear of G-d inside him'.
It implied that, you go through an ordeal and you never do the same thing again, you change your ways.
People who fear G-d have the opportunity of living long. There are many things which cut short the life of men. If I reverence G-d I wont do certain life terminating things.

Some things terminate life; murder,armed robbery,abortions,smoking, etc. These terminate life immediately.

Some things too terminate life from afar. Eg. Prayerlessness can let the devil get closer to your life, he gradually destroys everything about the person.  Or someone goes to sleep with another persons wife and he is cursed with a deity, death results.
On Sunday I told members that armed robbery starts with a little stealing from the soup when they are children until they start stealing big things like cars,millions of dollars and top it up with murder.
Lets be frank, certain things can either kill you physically or kill your destiny.

Fearing G-d safeguards you from wickedness. The Lord fills your thoughts and before you do something you think about him first. You have honorable actions and activities.
Some people can live many years without a threat on their lives. Some people too are like Coolio (gangsters paradise singer) they feel they can die at any time. They have meddled in life so much they feel another day might not reach them.

True believers don't die anyhow. I can't die just like that! I walk with G-d and try to stay clear of sin. I stay out of danger zones and pray to G-d to protect me. My spirit is always alert to pick spiritual attacks. It is very rare for there to be an attack on me spiritually without me recognizing it in a few hours or days and dealing with it before they come to fruition. I obey promptings in my spirit by the Holy Spirit.

Yes, my friend, if you want to live long you can live long.
Long life is not lottery but comes as a result of how well you position yourself in the Lord. Read psalm 91 everything about protection is there. But if you refuse to fear G-d not even the special forces from USA can preserve your life.

Long life is only guaranteed by G-d!

Stay blessed.

Your Level Has Changed!

Claus Otoo, New Wine Church