What has God told you to do for 2014 and who are you depending on?




Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
Psalm 20:7 (NIV).

In the coming year, you have to aim to achieve big things with your life. Everybody has a Goliath to conquer but do you believe that you can do it or you are not sure? Our task involves money, people, ideas and so on. We have to think big, talk big and act big! We have to believe that we are capable.


There is somebody you can trust and that is the Holy Spirit. He pumps you with faith and works on your mind as to how to go about your assignments. When you are weak He encourages you to pray and brings the right people your way. If you are going to achieve anything in the coming year, you have no choice but to depend on Him! I know I can’t depend on myself because without Him I am full of doubts and laziness.
                                                                           
We also have to depend on the word of God. You can get inspiration from the bible but this happens when the Holy Spirit opens your eyes. Going to church and hearing an inspiring preaching will motivate you. Try as much as possible to attend church progarmmes, it shouldn’t be from only your church. A good book can also help you get inspired.

Join a group of self-motivated people. Psychologists believe that people become one in a crowd but when they are individual they are different. I have witnessed this and it works; joining motivated groups keeps me hot and going but when I am alone my motivation is not the same.
I must caution you that you don’t have to put all your trust in people. When you least expect it, they would disappoint you. It’s better to let your focus be on God. When I was young, I had a friend who used to help me. I trusted in him and he let me down and I quit the work of God. What a terrible behavior! I have learned my lesson since. People find it hard to forgive, it is better you depend on God more.

Use your mind. The point of transformation for every human being is your mind. We are often made to believe that if you walk with God you have to depend on the Spirit of God at exclusively. Use your mind. Renewal and transformation starts with your mind. A pastor said on Sunday, ‘when God speaks to you, immediately start making calculations in your mind’.
Build a powerful mind by learning. This way when you attempt to do something you would be competent enough to execute it.
Thanks for reading.